I thought about adding some smoke effects or ash around the letters, but I decided that less is more.
There is a dark shadow in the middle of the word, which is a continuous theme with all the credits in the trailer. I thought this was appropriate because it links the film's logo with the mysterious shadow figures shown in the trailer. It adds a much needed dark tone to the title, since big silver letters could be used for any movie genre.
This took a few hours, but I edited (my gran's) house to look like it was lit up at night time for the party scene. I thought it would be cheaper and easier than buying props (like balloons and banners), especially because filming at night wouldn't look high quality on camera. As with the office editing, I added texture to the sky and put a blue filter over the entire picture to make it look dreary. I wanted to light up the windows a bit more, but as I increased the orange, it started to look unrealistic. I felt like the background needed a focus, so I photoshopped a bigger tree in there. I also thought that a full moon would complete the typical horror atmosphere.
I initially took a number of photographs on the house. In my original storyboard, the house is seen straight on from the front. But when I was filming, I decided that this low angle slanted shot was more cryptic and daunting since it showed more of the sky.
Here is the edited bedroom. The colours are mostly blue, black and grey because my market research said that these colours are popular among my target audience.
I previously posted the un-edited footage of this scene (see 'production diary 3'). Here is a screenshot of the edited version, where everything is darker so that it looks like night-time. 

No comments:
Post a Comment