There were more than 6 creatures shown in my trailer. One was an actor, one was a prop and the others were edited in with computer effects.
1. Tall bedroom creatureThe first creature shown was the tall, twisted creature in the bedroom (sleep paralysis scene).
In order to design my creature, I needed a base to work with.

I searched in google for a twisted, elongated body which fitted the look of my creature. I believe this image might be an art concept for 'The rake' (a creepypasta story).
I liked the look of this scary face and decided that it would fit on the chosen body.
Here is the finished product. Of course, the entire scene was made up of pictures, so getting the creature to move proved to be difficult. I just wanted it to jump towards the character, so I dragged the image forward really quickly.
3. Street creature
This creature was meant to have twisted limbs like the image on the left.
This is how it turned out. It doesn't look quite realistic (in comparison to the background), but it's shown for a second. It doesn't move in my trailer because it would be too hard to make it walk forward.
4.Crawling creature
I got the flies from a Youtube video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJLb5xL7B9w) with a green screen background. After deleting the green background and re-adjusting the size and quantity of the flies, I layered them over the footage. I also deleted the buzzing sound which was included in the video. Some Youtube videos request that you credit them in your project, but this one didn't mention anything like that in their description.
4.Shadow creatures




No comments:
Post a Comment